The Project Manager Interview.
“Project Managers need to show they can lead people across the entire organization, and manage the nuances of diverse workstreams, all while context switching throughout the day” –Hiring Manager— Hiring Manager
Owning and being accountable for bringing the different workstreams together to deliver on the business case and project objectives
Identifying risks to project success, developing mitigation strategies, and measuring/monitoring risk metrics throughout the project
Building business cases and ensuring the project is focused on delivering value to cross functional stakeholders
Prioritizing requirements, managing scope, schedule, and budget, and operating at speed
Sample Interview Questions
- How have you resolved conflict on a team?
- Tell me about a time you changed someone’s mind
- How would you handle a change in scope?
- How do you manage competing priorities?
- What is your experience with Agile?
- Tell me about a time you had to give difficult feedback
- How do you manage dependencies between projects?
HOW WE CAN HELP
Our Project Management interview coaches have helped clients land jobs at Accenture, Amazon, Coca Cola, Tesla, American Express, Deloitte, Google, Intercontinental Hotel, and other leading companies by providing:
- Mock Interviews from a coach who has hired Project Managers
- Tailored practice based on the role and companies you are targeting
- Deep feedback that candidates never receive from the actual interview
- Insights on how you rate compared to your competition
- Analysis on your ability to structure, synthesize, and articulate compelling stories.
- Frameworks for answering common and tricky questions
- A learning plan and homework assignments to improve your interviewing and on the job skills
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION NOW